Today, I’d like to announce that Working Freelance Writer is officially launching. What will you find in this publication?
- How to tips for those who would like to break into a freelance writing career.
- The do’s and don’ts of being a freelance writer.
- Misconceptions of what it’s like to work in the freelance writing industry.
- Where to find freelance writing work online and in print.
- How to pitch new ledes and contacts.
- What it’s like to be an “active” and working freelance writer.
Why Did I Start Working Freelance Writer?
I’ve been a working freelance writer since November 26, 1999. So, I decided to take these nearly twenty years of experience and help others. I come across many who want to:
- Improve their writing skills
- Overcome writer’s block
- Become better at self-promotion
- Stop fearing rejection
- Work on getting themselves “out there”
- Figure out their niche
- Determine who their target audience is
- Develop better querying skills
Can I help potential writers overcome these obstacles? My hope is the content I deliver will inspire writers to – WRITE. I also hope I can help them find work, develop their skills, and answer questions that come up along the way. If I can’t answer their question, I’ll do my best to point them in the right direction.
How Often Will I Publish?
Initially, because Working Freelance Writer is a new publication, I’m going to publish a lot. Frequent publications will help me build its platform and develop an archive for writers to use as a reference. After that, I’ll develop a posting schedule based on demand. So, stay tuned for that. For those who have interest, there’s a Facebook page and group that will contain updates and other publication information.